Now that the spring is near, you may want to go out in your backyard and enjoy nature, especially that when the Delta variant cases are surging and most places are under lockdown again. It pays to have a good outdoor view and experience, and one way to attain that is to construct and install a deck. You might as well want to contact a handyman near me to ask for a consultation.
When it comes to decks, there are materials you need to choose from:
- Aluminum – this is, by far, the ideal decking material you can find in the market. This material does not warp, rot, rust, crack, or splinter compared to other decking materials. They are also very resistant to natural wear and tear, including slip and weather elements that potentially harm your deck. Its finish is also durable, so it can last up to many years.
- Hardwood – this material has a variety from tigerwood to ipe. Whichever you choose, tropical hardwood is are very sturdy and extremely durable. They are also very resistant to insects’ infestation and rotting. In fact, it is a popular decking material for the past 20 years now, and still, a lot of homeowners see the benefit that this material provides.
- Pressure-treated woods – these woods are pressure-treated to avoid decay and infestation of fungi and insects. Without this treatment, the soft, natural wood is susceptible to wear and tear and can last just up to a year. It is important to pressure-treat your lumber if you opt to use softwood than hardwood.
- Cedar and redwood – these materials contain natural oils that effectively avoid insect and fungi infestations. They are also known for their rich color and natural beauty. Either of the two, you need to ensure that you power wash these woods once a year for their maintenance. You may also need to use a preservative to make it sturdier.
- Composite decks – this material is made from a combination of wood dust and recycled materials that are molded into boards. And because it requires less maintenance and is known to be sustainable, it has become a popular deck material that most homeowners choose.
What are the Benefits of Having a Deck?
There are three primary reasons why you should have a deck on your property. First, it provides more space for outdoor entertainment. Hosting dinner dates, parties, get-togethers, and other gatherings would be more accommodating with decks on your property. You would also have a place to unwind when boredom strikes you while doing work and studies indoors. Second, it enhances the aesthetic and curb appeal. Your decks would add to your outdoor element, making it more aesthetically appealing. You just need to choose the right colors and materials. And third, it will increase the value of your home when you plan on reselling it in the future. Decks are a good home investment because they potentially increase the curb appeal but are considered to be cheaper than other home renovations. Moreover, home buyers will definitely appreciate a deck in the backyard.